By Amy Rose & Matt Perkins
Many kinds of birds are flying home from their winter vacations and will probably be in need of a snack! Here are some instructions on how to make a pinecone bird feeder for your feathered friends:
• Popsicle sticks
• Peanut butter (the birds like creamy best)
• Pie plate or wax paper
• Twine, yarn or heavy string
1. Using your Popsicle stick, spread peanut butter all over the pinecone.
2. Once your pinecone is coated with peanut butter, pour some birdseed on to your wax paper (or pie plate) and roll the pinecone in the seed so that the pinecone is coated in birdseed. Shake off any extra seed over the plate or paper.
3. Tightly tie a piece of yarn or string around the end of the pinecone.
4. Have a tall friend help you tie the cone on a branch where you think some birds might make a pit stop on their way home!