1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil (vegetable or olive oil works well)
3 tbsp. cold water
6 or 7 apples peeled and sliced thin
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. sugar (optional)
Make the bottom crust first:
1. Mix flour and salt
2. Blend in oil and cold water. Mix all these together to make dough.
3. Put a sheet of wax paper on the kitchen table or counter and spread some flour on it. Roll out 2/3 of the dough with a rolling pin. Make the dough thin.
4. Pick up the sheet of wax paper and turn it over on an ungreased pie pan. Peel off the wax paper and trim off the extra dough.
Mix the filling:
1. Mix the sliced apples, cinnamon and sugar (if using).
2. Spread the apple mixture in the pie pan.
Make the top crust:
1. Roll out the remaining dough, like you did for the bottom crust.
2. Place the top crust over the apple slices. Use your thumbs to press the edges together and cut 4 slits in the top of the pie.
Bake at 375 degrees for 50-55 minutes.