Dangerous Popcorn Chemical

By IndyKids Staff

The chemical diacetyl used in the buttery flavoring of some microwave popcorn has been linked to a serious and rare lung disease in factory workers who inhale the fumes. It was also linked to the disease in one man who ate microwave popcorn daily. The companies that make microwave popcorn say that their products are safe for consumers.

But some companies are discussing removing the dangerous chemical from the popcorn in the future.

1 thought on “Dangerous Popcorn Chemical”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *