THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUAT, round container and try this IndyKids-approved recipe for yogurt soup!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups ice-cold water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mint
1. Wash and peel the cucumbers. Cut lengthwise into quarters and then sideways into small slices.
2. Stir the yogurt in a bowl until smooth. Add the ice water and blend.
3. In a separate bowl, add salt to the garlic and crush. Then add the yogurt mixture with the cucumbers and stir well. Add crushed mint.
4. Serve chilled. Makes 4 servings.
• • • • •
Excerpted from Armenia: A Rugged Land, an Enduring People by Lucine Kasbarian