Can you believe it’s spring already? Neither can we since it keeps snowing on us here at IndyKids headquarters in New York City!
In hopes of sunnier weather to come, we thought we’d share one of our favorite picnic recipes. It’s super easy to make and travels well. Just make sure you prepare it the day before you want to eat it.
1 can French Style Green Beans (15 ounces)
1 can Chickpeas (15 ounces)
1 can Kidney Beans (15 ounces)
1 Onion (thinly sliced into half moons)
3/4 cup White Sugar
2/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
A large jar to mix all the ingredients in
- Make this recipe the day before.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and onions to the jar. Close the jar and shake the ingredients to combine them.
- Add the green beans along with the water from the can into the jar. Close the jar and shake it again.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and kidney beans before adding them to the jar. Close the jar and (you guessed it) shake the jar until everything looks well mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Before serving, shake it one more time!