By IndyKids Staff
Fall is here. Get toasty with your own homemade autumn spice granola!
4 c. rolled oats
½ tbsp. cinnamon
½ tbsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1/8 c. flax seeds
1/8 c. sesame seeds, unhulled
¼ c. raw sunflower seeds
¼ c. raw pumpkin seeds
¼ c. shredded coconut (unsweetened)
¼ c. sliced almonds
¼ c. raw pecans
¼ c. raw cashews (or roasted unsalted)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ c. canola (or olive) oil
½ c. honey or maple syrup or agave
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ to ½ c. golden raisins
¼ to ½ c. dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix oats, seeds, nuts, spices and salt in a large bowl. Add oil, stirring to mix thoroughly. Stir in honey/maple syrup/agave and vanilla.
- Spread out onto a 13 x 9 ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes to an hour, stirring several times (first at 25 minutes, then 10 minute intervals) until the oats are golden brown and no longer taste raw.
- After baking, stir in raisins and dried cranberries while granola is still warm. Store in an airtight container.
Note on variations: All ingredients except oats are “to taste.” You can increase, decrease, add, subtract or substitute any nuts or seeds to make this granola exactly the way you like it!